1. Personalized Itinerary Per School Requests – The itinerary is based upon selections marked on the site checklist. Tickets and reservations are secured before group departure guaranteeing group reservation spot and provides opportunity for multiple reservations per day. Our office team is equipped and ready to answer and help with the planning process of your tour.
2. K&K Tour Director – A tour director will be assigned to each bus and will depart and return with your group. They are on call 24 hours/day for the groups needs and requests and stay at the same hotel facilities. Our tour directors will introduce and tour all specified sites, and will also educate the group about the Declaration of Independence. They are also licensed by the District of Columbia to conduct tours within the District.
3. Transportation – A chartered motorcoach, which is equipped with a restroom, DVD player and other multi-media capabilities, will be provided. K&K Tours chooses the motorcoach company with the safest and best cooperation for conducting student learning experiences. Motorcoach information, such as insurance is available upon school request.
4. K&K Departure Team – K&K Tours will provide a team to ensure safety in the loading process of the motorcoach and will help get the group departed at the scheduled time.
5. Lodging – K&K selects and inspects all lodging facilities utilized by group.
6. Hotel Security – privately contracted for your group at the hotel. The security will be assigned to the group floor and will monitor group rooms to ensure safety at the hotel.
7. All Meals – K&K Tours secures all breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the duration of the tour. These are based on school requests and restaurant availability.
8. NO Hidden Costs – All Admissions and Donations are paid before departure, as stipulated on the site checklist. Our trips are ALL INCLUSIVE.
9. Multi-media Resources – (videos, books, websites, etc.) – free for school districts to use in student preparation for their Washington DC tour.
10. Educational Multi-Media – media used during the tour to help in the students educational experience. Media found and used strictly by K&K Tours.
11. Limited Emergency Medical Policy – Policy covering all individuals for the duration of the tour.
12. K&K Tours Limited Liability Coverage – Policy covering all individuals for duration of tour. Policy available to school upon request.
13. Educational Manual – Each student and chaperone will be provided educational exercises to help prepare them for their Washington DC tour. Educational Manual updated for 2011 tour season.
14. Declaration Of Independence Contest – K&K Tours will provide a contest for the students and chaperones for the duration of the tour. K&K Tours will provide prizes (ie – DC sweatshirts, ball hats etc.) for students that participate in the contest .
- Other prizes/awards will be given to students based on participation, attitude and DC preparation.
15. American Soldier Letters – K&K Tours gives the students and chaperones the educational opportunity to write an American Soldier serving overseas. K&K Tours collects the letters and insures they will get to our men and women in the Armed Forces.
16. Two Meetings with a K & K Tour Representative:
- a. Initial Presentation with Parents & Students
- b. Final Presentation with Chaperones/ Parents & Students